- A comprehensive system to manage the digitising of documents and capturing key information for importing into other applications
- digiDocs is a highly generic and customisable document digitising application that can be configured to suit any digitising / archiving requirement
- The design substantially reduces the maintenance and programming effort normally required to process multiple document types
- The application is ideally suited to document processing bureau or to companies seeking an efficient way of handling their “paper mountain”
- Manage single or multiple scanners
- TWAIN compliant interface
- Where possible automate the recognition of data on the document, using
- Barcode and/or
- Provide clients with remote scanning capability so they can send their digitised images to a central data processing facility
- Data capture key, index and information from the digitised document using index, verify and quality control work flow steps
- Import the resulting data into the specified target system
- Templates for each document type
- Dynamic data capture form generator so that each document types does not have to have a separate data capture page
- High performance data capture environment
- Image enhancement tools to assist with bad or faint hand writing, misaligned scans, etc.
- Multi-language; locale aware
- Search and viewer capability
- COLD applications on request
In summary, a highly generic and customisable document digitising application that can be configured to suit any digitising / archiving requirement. The design substantially reduces the maintenance and programming effort normally required to process multiple document types.
The system allows scanning in remote locations. It is far more efficient to digitise at source and data capture at leisure, so to speak. We have provided internal system processes (FTP wrapper) to move data electronically to and from the remote sites. We have provided a DVD output alternative where the DSL bandwidth is inadequate or the DSL link is temporarily broken.
Access to data for validation purposes:
The system provides for interconnection to third party databases to provide dropdown lists and validation checks. For example, capturing an invoice requires the customer number to be input. The details can be fetched from a customer database and shown in a dropdown list and on selection automatically populate the customer details in the relevant data fields on the capture screen
The system allows users to search and view scanned data. We have provided tags to define which data fields should be included in the search criteria for each document type.